IATA DGR Awareness Category 12 (Security Personnel)
Who should undertake this course
- Security screening personnel
- Airline training specialists
Note: This course meets the training requirements for personnel listed in category 12 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Recognize dangerous goods labels and package specification markings
- Detect hidden dangerous goods in baggage and cargo
- Understand provisions for dangerous goods in the baggage of passengers and crew
- Follow basic dangerous goods emergency response procedures
- Recognition of undeclared dangerous goods
- Provisions for passengers and crew
- Marking and labeling
- Dangerous goods emergency response
Initial: 2 days
Refresher : 1 day
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course and attaining the course mark of 80%.
A special Distinction will be awarded to the participant who gets 90% and above in the final exam.