IATA DGR Awareness Category 3 (Staff of freight forwarders processing dangerous goods)
Who should undertake this course
- Category 3 personnel as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR:
- Staff of Freight Forwarder involved in processing dangerous goods
Note: This course fulfills ICAO and IATA training requirements and qualifies you to handle and process dangerous goods for carriage by air for a 24-month period.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations to common work situations
- Understand related legal aspects and responsibilities of shippers, agents, and airlines
- Identify dangerous goods permitted for transport and their DGR classes
- Prepare and be able to verify a Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods
- Follow general emergency procedures when a damaged package is discovered
- Basis of IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Legal aspects and responsibilities and various players in the transportation of Dangerous goods
- General requirements for shippers
- Classification of Dangerous goods
- Recognition of undeclared Dangerous goods
- Provisions for passengers and crew
- Packing, marking, labeling, and documentation requirements
- Dangerous goods Emergency Response procedures
- Radioactive materials (optional)
Initial: 5 days
Recurrent: 3 days
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course and attaining the course mark of 80%.
A special Distinction will be awarded to the participant who gets 90% and above in the final exam.