Baggage mishandling costs the air transport industry around US$2.9 billion annually. Correct baggage handling not only reduces costs but also contributes to facilitation and passenger comfort.
Learn to recognize baggage handling problems at the source and enhance your service efficiency by incorporating improved processes, infrastructure, and service management in your organization. Analyze the various airline service models and how to apply them to check-in, ramp and baggage claim procedures.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify main problems in your baggage handling
- Analyze the impact of mishandled baggage for stakeholders
- Measure the performance of a handling system at an airport or outstation
- Improve baggage handling processes and infrastructure
- Identify planning requirements and airport infrastructure improvements
- Discuss solutions based on best practices, using IATAâ€™s experience with industry-wide projects